We have a great time at Blue Ridge Books and we just wanted to share pictures of some of our favorite past events with you. Check out the Events page to see what is coming us next.
- Dr. Bart Ehrman, teaches New Testament and Early Christianity at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He read from his recent book, How Jesus Became God.
- Ron Rash teaches English at Western Carolina University and is nationally known for his novels, short stories and poetry. Two of his novels, Serena, and The World Made Straight have recently been made into movies.
- Blue Ridge hosted Wiley Cash for a luncheon after the release of his second novel, This Dark Road to Mercy.
- Owners Allison and Jo with Appalachian author Sharyn McCrumb after her reading of her novel King’s Mountain, part of her ballad series.
- Every Thursday afternoon may be casual chess, but the rated chess tournaments are serious business.
- Mystery writer Vicki Lane writes Appalachian mysteries featuring Elizabeth Goodweather.
- Waynesville interior designer, Kathy Greely’s book, Collected Tabletop: Inspirations for Creative Entertaining, serves to encourage creative entertaining.
- Jo and Allison met John Green, author of the young adult novel, Fault in Our Stars, at a booksellers' conference in Asheville.